What's the deal?
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer with experience in Clojure or Scala or Java to join our product team to build great things with us. You will create services and implement application logic to conquer the digital world. But you will not only use Java to do that, since there is more to discover that runs on the JVM.
From a business side we cover a lot of different domains. Through our solutions we deliver information, fruits and vegetables, esports tournaments, concrete, authentication credentials and we even run a real non-digital factory! Last but not least we have developed one of the most accurate algorithms for facial recognition.
From a technical point of view, we strive to use state-of-the art technologies and constantly adapt to new developments and market changes. Our backends are based on the JVM and the Java ecosystem, but mainly implemented in a functional approach using Clojure. We also off-load some of the application logic to where the data resides and use Hasura and PL/pgSQL as a procedural language.
We are purely cloud-based and use all the cool Cloud-native tooling and technologies.
How do we work?
We work in small teams and give a lot of freedom to our engineers. We love agile development and put doing something before writing books of specifications. And as you know, with great freedom comes great responsibility. You will get a lot of that as well!
You will find a lot more information on our Videojobs profile
Since Clojure is the most prominent language on the backend side for us, we are currently looking for a Software Engineer with the following skills:
- Three or more years of experience in backend development
- A proven track record in Clojure or any other language on the JVM (Java, Kotlin, Scala, Groovy)
- Experience with designing and maintaining databases (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Strong interest to dive into functional programming using Clojure
- Familiarity with DevOps topics (Infrastructure as Code, Continuous deployment, Site reliability, ...)
- Proficient in English
- Knowledge of German is a plus, but not required.
You are hungry to learn, keen to share, and ready to build? You want to be part of something you can be proud of?
As you evolve in the team, what you end up doing depends as much on you as it does on us. We want you to be free to develop your skills precisely where your passions lie.
- Competitive salary
- Five weeks of vacation
- Working in an old brewery
- Continuing education (Conferences, Courses, Books)
- Team lunch every Friday. Healthy snacks, beverages and coffee every day
- Team events, excursions and afterwork drinks on Fridays
- We hate rules and we love freedom and we trust that everyone can handle this freedom responsibly
- Own part of the company — buy stock after one year
Note: due to current legislation, we can unfortunately only hire you if you are Swiss, a national of one of the EU/EFTA or a Swiss resident with at least a B permit. Please know that we find this situation extremely regrettable.
Check out more open positions at Deep Impact